villa rochford accommodation
Villa Rochford is a two bedroom villa designed with a thoughtfully merged country, agricultural and industrial theme. The result is a stunning open-planned lodging, resting gently in the rural landscape. The external cladding is aged rough-sawn Tasmanian Oak and includes yellow and spotted gum features that blend effortlessly with the environment and nearby olive groves.
With exposed aggregate concrete floors and reclaimed timber features, Villa Rochford is far from standard. Bespoke lighting, hand-crafted onsite, draws the eye into the main living space. Plough disc lighting, double glazing and a small wine cellar invite warmth, along with the European Jøtul combustion heater and gas heater as back up.
Two spacious bedrooms are appointed with King double beds (can be split) and two bathrooms. The Villa is ideally suited to two couples in search of luxury, space and tranquillity or a family of five (with a rollout bed) touring the region.
Thoughtful touches begin on arrival with complimentary cheese and antipasto platter, of course featuring multi-award winning olive oils from Rochford Hall. Breakfast provisions of free range eggs, bacon, granola, yogurt, a fruit basket, cereals and more are provided for the first morning of your stay.
There are evening meal options available. Specialty home made Pasta and Curry meals plus home grown Cape Grim scotch fillet steaks are packaged and available to purchase from the Villa fridge freezer. Just add a salad or extras of your choice from the local supermarkets on your journey to the Villa.
Enjoy the exclusive use of the high quality stainless steel appliances in your fully self-contained haven.
The cantilevered timber deck and secondary covered patio deck, invite you to enjoy a relaxing glass while the sun sinks over Rochford Hall`s grove. Do this by the Jøtul fire or outdoors on a warm summer’s evening with beautiful yellow gum timbers underfoot
A stay at Villa Rochford is about discovery, indulgence and allowing Kellevie to cast its country-paced calm. We invite you to join us at Rochford.
- Limited WiFi available
- Minimum two night stay
- Both bedrooms appointed with King double beds (which can be split for singles)
- An additional fold out bed is also an option
- Equipped with dishwasher, microwave, washing machine and dryer
- View our image gallery here
WEDDINGS AT ROCHFORD HALL
Whilst staying at Villa Rochford, the surrounds could be your choice as a Wedding Venue? The Boutique Olive Grove property can offer a DIY country style wedding with options aplenty. Have a Wedding Ceremony amongst the Grove, Wedding Reception in the timber clad ‘Essex Barn’ whilst enjoy catering of your choice. The Bridal party or family can get ready and adjourn for the night in the luxury of the Villa. All enquiries welcome via email or phone call.
DRIVING TIME TO LOCATIONS OR ATTRACTIONS
Being located just 40 minutes from Hobart and 30 minutes from the Hobart International Airport, Villa Rochford offers a convenient and peaceful stay within easy commuting distance to the region`s attractions.
- 40 minutes to hobart
- 40 minutes to Port Arthur
- 40 minutes to East Coast entrance/Orford
- 10 minutes from the ‘exclusive’ and private Bream Creek Vineyard picnic site
- 30 minutes from Hobart International Airport and just 2.5 kilometres off the Arthur Highway in Kellevie. All roads are sealed.
- Half way point to Port Arthur Historic Site from Hobart – approximately 40 minutes to Port Arthur
- 40 minutes from Pennicott Wilderness Adventures departure point at Stewarts Bay for the Tasman Island Cruise
- 10 minutes from the Falls Festival and 10 kilometre surf beach at Marion Bay and Bream Creek
- 10 minutes from Wielangta Forest walk and drive to East Coast’s Orford (50 minutes)
- 15 minutes from Bangor Wine & Oyster Shed and the iconic Dunalley Hotel and Dunalley Waterfront Café
- 40 minutes from the Three Capes Walk departure point at Port Arthur historic site
- 1.5 hours to start of walking track into iconic surf break at Shipstern’s Bluff
Rates may alter seasonally & throughout the year with specials available at varying times. Please check the calendar for up to date rates and availability.
- $305 – $395 for one couple per night (1 bedroom & ensuite)
- $75 for extra person per night (Separate bedroom and ensuite)
- Max. 5 guests, with one fold out bed provided
Note: All stays minimum 2 nights.
- $295 – $345 for one couple per night (1 bedroom & ensuite)
- $75 for extra person per night (Separate bedroom & ensuite)
- Max. 5 guests, with one fold out bed provided
Contact Chris & Paul Lovell
M: 0418 527 022 / 0417 325 923
Rochford Hall 8 Jacobsons Road, Kellevie. Tas 7176
- Check-in time 2.30pm
- Check-out time 10am
- 100% paid at time of booking
- Outside smoking only
- Cancellations made prior to 14 days of your arrival will incur a 50% cancellation fee
- Cancellations made within 14 days of your arrival will incur a 100% cancellation fee
- We encourage our guests to investigate taking out travel insurance to cover unforeseen circumstances
- An administration fee of $20 will be charged by our Booking Facilitator for cancellations, to cover administration costs.